The advent of Artificial Intelligence has radically transformed the world. We live in a digital realm wherein technology is scaling new unprecedented heights with each passing day. The mobile and web app market is mushrooming at full throttle, and with umpteen new apps venturing into the market every day, businesses stand at cross roads between MEAN stack vs MERN stack as robust app development is the only key to carve your distinct mark in today’s highly competitive mercenary world.
It is thus imperative for you to make use of the best stack for furnishing fine app development, however having that said, you might be a little baffled and would be pondering what exactly MEAN and MERN Stack are.
So here’s a brief explanation of the two, and fret not as this would also be followed by an insightful overview of the major differences between MERN and MEAN stack.
What Is MEAN Stack?
MEAN Stack assists developers make excellent websites, web apps. It enhances the API development process and helps resolve all other complex development challenges.
YouTube, Flick, Tumblr, and Forbes are a few popular mobile apps built using MEAN Stack.
The major elements of MEAN Stack are as follows –
• MongoDB: It is a document-based, detailed NoSQL database used for data storage in the form of JSON files.
• Express.js: This is a back-end web app that functions efficiently on Node.js.
Also following are the benefits that MEAN Stack offers –
- MEAN stack application development is quite a cakewalk as all types of apps can be created easily.
- Myriads of plug-ins and widgets are compatible with this stack, and the overall functionality of apps balloons tremendously because of the availability of such plug-ins and widgets.
- It enables real-time testing with built-in tools.
- Applications respond fast because a single language is used for both the back end and front end, and this thus increases the coordination.
- MEAN stack application development assiduously caters to the entire web development cycle, starting right from the frontend (client-side) development to the backend (server-side) development.
- Supports Model View Controller (MVC) architecture for a spectacular development process.
Now that you know what MEAN Stack is, let’s talk about its competitor MERN Stack so that you can come to a conclusion when comparing MEAN vs MERN stack.
Also Read: Mean Stack Companies
What Is MERN Stack?
Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, Netflix and Dropbox are some of the most eminent and widely used mobile apps that have been built using MERN Stack.
The major elements of MERN Stack are as follows –
• MongoDB: This is an open-source document-based database.
• React: It is a frontend JS library utilized to develop seamless user interfaces.
• Express.js: This is a minimalist, albeit a high-speed web framework used for Node.js.
Mentioned below are the wonderful benefits that MEAN Stack offers –
- Both the front end (client-side) and the back end (server-side) are covered using a single dynamic coding script.
- MEAN Stack minimizes all server costs.
- The entire labyrinth process can be easily completed with only JAVA and JSON.
- Streamlines development via the excellent Model View Controller (MVC) architecture that it perfectly supports to a tee.
- Enables real-time testing via robust built-in tools.
- MEAN Stack operates on an open-source community, and the source code can be modified easily.
- Furnishes a one of its kind ease for reversing web apps to software or mobile apps.
Now that you have a lucid understanding of what MEAN Stack and MERN Stack are, let’s roll up our sleeves as we are now going to dive into and comprehend the major difference between MERN and MEAN Stack.
Points of Difference Between MEAN Stack and MERN Stack
1. Angular JS vs React JS :
2. Support and Assistance :
3. Architecture :
While MERN Stack undoubtedly furnishes a brilliant UI experience, developers still prefer the MEAN Stack for developing enterprise-level applications because, within their labyrinth architecture, the database and the UI code are divided with an intermediate layer that assists in managing and upscaling the code.
4. Productiveness :
5. Data Flow :
React thus furnishes a better data overview that helps carry out large-scale projects.
6. Mobile App Development:
Angular JS furnishes an exceptionally stupendous framework that enables developers to create stellar hybrid mobile applications that are extremely cost-effective. However, hybrid mobile applications designed for iOS and Android platforms using AngularJS may at times tarnish the native user experience. On the contrary, React yields maximum native user experience. Thus the MERN Stack is unquestionably a lot more reliable than the MEAN Stack when it comes to great mobile app development.
7. Third-Party Libraries :
8. Cost-Effectiveness :
AngularJS is an all-inclusive framework that assists businesses in rapidly magnifying their overall profits and revenue as the Angular Command Line Interface facilitates designers to redesign apps without incurring any additional costs. However, upgrading your existing code from outsider libraries would cost you considerably in the case of React JS.
9. Scalable and Secure :
While both MEAN and MERN Stacks furnish robust security, MERN Stack would, however, be your best bet as it is unquestionably a lot more scalable and secure.
Voila! You can finally take a sigh of relief as this is all. We are sure you would have understood both these stacks to a tee, with all their distinct advantages and drawbacks.
Both the MEAN and MERN are robust technology stacks that render an excellent user experience with a plethora of incredibly wonderful features that these two possess, but you must assiduously consider the nature of your business before choosing one of these stacks.
The enterprise-level business projects require MEAN Stack over MERN Stack.
MEAN is the go-to stack for large-scale applications, whereas MERN, on the contrary, is great for the faster development of small apps.
Herein we would like to mention that at Zazz, we offer the most sublime and unparalleled, end-to-end MEAN Stack application development and MERN Stack development services. We are an application development company in the USA, and our skillful developers scrupulously gauge your distinct work operations, thereby rendering the finest tailor-made solutions. Book your free consultation with us today, and we’ll undoubtedly help you decipher the MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack puzzle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which is more reliable between MEAN Stack and MERN Stack?
Well, both MEAN and MERN Stack offer a host of incredibly wonderful advantages, and both are equally reliable. But herein, you need to carefully consider your distinct business nature before zeroing in on one of these two stacks, and just in case you find this perplexing, then our excellent developers at Zazz are at your disposal. Contact us today, and we’ll do the needful for your business.
Q2. What is the key differentiator when choosing between MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack?
There’s no one key differentiator but various cardinal factors such as the nature of your business, project size, developer’s expertise and area of proficiency, and productivity that you should consider when choosing between MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack.
Q3. From where can I hire the best tech stack developers?
Zazz is undoubtedly your go-to place for excellent mobile app development. We are a renowned application development company based in the USA. We have a robust in-house team of the best tech stack developers who create customized solutions that inject sublime growth into businesses.